Sound Ocean Systems
Cost: Contact Manufacturer
The Model ATLAS-90-8000 Oceanographic Data Buoy, (ODBs) were originally designed by NOAA for harsh deployments in deep water, open ocean environments. They are ideally suited for programs where long-term atmospheric, sea surface and subsurface observation is required. Used extensively on NOAA's TAO project, they have a proven track record with hundreds of deployments in the equatorial Pacific. The rugged toroidal hulls are constructed of fiberglass and polyurethane foam with an internal stainless steel frame. The standard buoy design includes an aluminum tower to support the atmospheric sensors and a stainless steel subsurface bridal assembly used to support the sea surface sensors and interface with the mooring assembly. A watertight NEMA-4X enclosure can be located in the tower used to hold a SOSI Trident data logger, transmitter/modem and other components.
* Need to add a technology or update the existing info? If so, please use this submit form to have your data displayed.
- SENSOR TYPE: Buoy
- DIMENSIONS: 2280 mm (dia) X 4496 mm (H)
- WWW: View Website
- LAST UPDATED:: 2017-10-25 14:21:03
- CONTACT: Sound Ocean Systems, Inc.
- STREET: 17455 NE 67th Court, Suite 120
- CITY: Redmond
- STATE: WA
- COUNTRY: USA
- POSTAL CODE: 98052
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX: (425) 869-5554
- TELEPHONE: (425) 869-1834
- WWW: http://www.soundocean.com
- LAST UPDATED: 2017-10-25 14:21:03